Friday, May 30, 2008

Life Journal May 30, 2008
Today's readings: Proverbs 13-15, Romans 11

It's ALL About Him

Scripture
For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.
Romans 11.36

Observation
God created everything, is in everything, and exists only because of Him!

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
While I know that God created everything---it is still so easy to take life and all that we see and have for granted. . . .and sometimes even take credit for it. Bottom line is--everything comes from Him--from God.

Today, as I move through my day, I need to look around me and praise God for all of it. I walk through so many days not noticing the gifts He offers me every day. Instead I whine about unimportant things. How different my life would be if I focused on seeing Him in everything. Today may I see "my world" through different eyes.

Prayer
Creator God, forgive my self-centeredness--for only thinking of myself. When I look around me I don't think of all that You have given me--and the gift that is in it all. I get so caught up in my day-to-day life that I miss Your creation, Your gifts, Your blessings. May I see the world through new eyes today.

No comments: