Thursday, May 1, 2008

Life Journal May 1, 2008
Today's readings: 1 Chronicles 14-15; Psalm 132; Matthew 18

Asking God

Scripture
[David speaking] "Because you Levites did not carry the Ark the first time, the anger of the Lord our God burst out against us. We failed to ask God how to move it properly."
1 Chronicles 15.13

Observation
Even if what we are doing is the "right" thing--we need to ask God how it wants us to do it.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
How often do I not bother to ask God how He wants me to do something--because I know what needs to be done?? It may be the right thing to do, but what is the right way--God's way--to do it?? Sometimes I get so caught up in doing the right thing (just like David did in moving the Ark) that I don't bother to ask God how He wants it done . . . I forget He doesn't always do things my way. [smile?!]

I need to begin asking God how He wants things done--not just take it for granted--even though I may be headed in the same direction--I need to ask and then listen for His direction.

Prayer
Lord God, I ask for forgiveness for not asking HOW you want me to go about something. I see where we need to go and head off in that direction--not always seeking how You want us to get there. Lord, help me to remember to ask You and then listen and watch for Your direction in all things. It is arrogant of me to think that I know Your mind--forgive me. I am Your servant--not the other way around. I want to follow Your path--Your way. May I be faithful in seeking You.

No comments: