Thursday, May 29, 2008

Life Journal May 29, 2008
Today's readings: Proverbs 10-12; Romans 10

Good News

Scripture
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. . . For "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, "How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!"
Romans 10.9, 13-15

Observation
Once we have believed it is important that we then share the Good News!

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
We believe and we go on with life. . .not worrying about sharing the Good News with others. Sometimes it is out of fear we don't share. Sometimes because we just don't think about it. Sometimes we don't share because we are sure that has to be someone elses responsibility. But how will they hear unless someone--we--tell them???

We worry about what to say, afraid that we won't get the words right or know all the right Scriptures. When all we need to do is trust the Holy Spirit to work in us and through us. For it is the Holy Spirit who prepares the heart to hear the Good News. Then we share our story--what difference God has made in our lives, how He has helped us, what He saved us from and to. No one can counter our personal experience with God. And, it is important that we also demonstrate His love in all that we do. We live out the Good News in a very real way by loving others (yes, even our enemies).

So, how can I live this out today? I will look for those "God appointments" when God gives me the opportunity to share His love and His light with others today. I will listen to the whispering of the Holy Spirit when I am to share, and then be willing to do it--remembering that it is not me who is talking but the Holy Spirit through me. Today, I will love more and judge less. Today, I will share myself with others.

Prayer
Father God, thank You for the gift of Your Holy Spirit. May I be sensitive to the nudgings and whisperings of Your Spirit. Today may I be bold and not fearful to be Your instrument and in sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Today may I love more and judge less. Today may I live a life that brings You glory and honor.

No comments: