Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life Journal, October 30, 2008
Today's readings: Job 21; Mark 5,6

Faith

Scripture
[Jesus speaking] "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over."
Mark 5.34

But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, "Dont be afraid. Just have faith."
Mark 5.36

And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their unbelief.
Mark 6.5

Observation
With faith all things are possible.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
These two chapters of Mark are filled with faith opportunities and miracles. They remind us over and over the importance of having faith.

It's not that faith is our "ticket" to get whatever we want--but faith leads us to a place to receive what God/Jesus has to give us.

I like to think that my faith is strong . . . and yet, so often it falters . . . I'm afraid that my prayers won't be answered or that God won't move. But, in truth, what my fear is--is not that God won't answer my prayers or won't move . . . it's that He won't do it my way. And true faith is trusting that God will answer my prayers and will move in amazing God-sized ways--in His way. . . not mine.

So, today, I will continue to exercise my faith and grow it. I will continue to take steps of trust. I will continue to watch God at work and allow Him to build my faith to mountain-size. I will rejoice in answered prayer and movements of God--even when they aren't my way--knowing that I can trust Him, I can have faith in Him for all things.

Prayer
Father God, today I come with my hands open wide ready to receive all that You have for me. Today I come trusting in You--placing my faith in You and You alone. Today I come listening and watching and praising! Thank You Father that You never let go!

No comments: