Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Life Journal August 1, 2007
Today's readings: Isaiah 65, 66; Psalm 62; John 3

Living In the Light
Topic: Discipleship
Scripture
[Jesus speaking]
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.
"There is no judgment awaiting those who trust him. But those who do not trust him have already been judged for not believing in the only Son of God. Their judgment is based on this fact: The light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. They hate the light because they want to sin in the darkness. They stay away from the light for fear their sins will be exposed and they will be punished. But those who do what is right come to the light gladly, so everyone can see that they are doing what God wants."
John 3.16-21 (NLT)
Observation
Jesus is the Light of the world. If we put our trust in Him and believe and walk in the Light, then we have nothing to fear.
Application [How will I be different today because of what I have just read?]
I remember what it is like to walk in the darkness--and to see the Light and be drawn to it, yet be afraid of it. I remember thinking that this "Good News" could not be fore me--I had fallen too far, God would not want me. So much had happened in the darkness--how could the Light come in and fill it?
But the LIght did come--it dispelled the darkness. God did want ME! To Him I was worth saving!
So, why do I still have areas of my life that are in the darkness? Why have I not allowed the Light to fill those spaces too? Why do I hold so tightly to those places? What am I afraid of losing?
I hope that there are fewer and fewer spaces of darkness in my life--that God continues to reveal and shed His Light on them--and together we claim them as His and overcome them. God has already paid in full for my life. How can I hold anything back? He has redeemed every area of my Life and they all belong to Him--I just have to let Him into those places. He will come--not with judgment and condemnation--but with the gifts of healing and wholeness and love--and fill each of those places with His marvelous Light!
Prayer
My precious Savior, thank You for bringing Your Light into my life. Thank You for filling the darkness with Your amazing Light. Lord, You know the areas that I hold back--those that are still in the darkness. I give them to You--Come Lord Jesus--bring Your healing Light into each area and restore it--redeem it--fill it. I belong to You--I don't want to hold anything back from You! You alone are my all in all. Thank You for loving me so much! I receive Your love anew today! In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: