Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Life Journal July 31, 2007
Today's Readings: Isaiah 63, 64; Psalm 107; John 2

Saved!
Topic: God's Character
Scripture
"Lord, help!" they cried in their trouble,
and he [God] rescued them from their distress.
Psalm 107. 6, 13, 19, 28 (NLT)
"I will tell of the Lord's unfailing love.
I will praise the Lord for all he has done.
I will rejoice in his great goodness to Israel,
which he has granted according to his mercy and love. . . .
And he became their Savior.
In all their suffering he also suffered,
and he personally rescued them.
In his love and mercy he redeemed them.
He lifted them up and carried them through all the years."
Isaiah 63.7-9 (NLT)
Observation
God is ever faithful to step in and save us!
Application
The verses from Psalm 107 each follow verses where the people of God were in trouble-- because of their own choices. But, God stepped in when He was called upon. He didn't intrude on them--He waited and waited, knowing someday that they would get into some mess and call on Him to help.
He does the same thing today--He patiently waits for me to ask Him to step in. He doesn't barge in. . . . He waits. . . . He listens . . . . And as soon as I say, "Lord, help!" He's there. He always was there . . . . He doesn't ever leave me . . . . But He does wait for me to reach out to Him.
Why do I wait until I'm in a mess to call on Him? Why do I think I need to prove that I can do it on my own? I can't. He doesn't even expect me to. As a matter of fact, He doesn't want me to--He knows it will be easier if I call out ahead of time. . . . Not wait until I'm in trouble.
Sometimes I do better than other times. Sometimes I do ask for His help in the beginning--and it goes so much better when I do. Sometimes I remember that He wants to help . . . . it makes Him smile when I ask Him to help me. Sometimes . . . . should be all-the-time.
I am thankful that He is patient . . . . that He never leaves me . . . . never stops loving me . . . . continues to rescue me . . . . that in His love and mercy He redeems me . . . . that He lifts and carries me.
"I will tell of the Lord's unfailing love. I will praise the Lord for all he has done. I will rejoice in his great goodness to me, which he has granted according to his mercy and love!!" [Isaiah 63.7]
Prayer
To You, O Lord, do I give thanks! To You, O Lord, do I give my praise! You alone are worthy! You have saved me! You have redeemed me! You have called me Your child! You have rescued me! You love me!! Thank You, my Father. Thank You, for loving me too much to let me go! Thank You for Your Son, Jesus! It is in the name of Your Son, Jesus, my brother, my redeemer, my friend, that I pray this, Amen and amen!

No comments: