Saturday, July 14, 2007

Life Journal 14 July 2007
Today's readings: Isaiah 19-21; Hebrews 11

Faith Enough
Topic: Faith
Scripture
What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see. . . . . So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. . . . By fiath these people overthrew kingdoms, ruled with justice, and received what God had promised them. They shut the mouths of lions, quenched the flames of fire, and escaped death by the edge of the sword. Their weakness was turned to strength.
Hebrews 11.1, 6, 33-34 (NLT)
Observation
Faith is the foundation to all we believe and do. Without it, we have nothing.
Application
Real faith is lived out--not just something that we talk about. I may not see the end result, but I can trust God that his purpose will be accomplished--no matter how things appear. Faith is believing that God will do all that he has promised. Faith is trusting that it doesn't have to be my way or look how I think it needs to look to accomplish all that God has in mind.
Faith is persevering even when everything around me is telling me to quit. Faith is believing that God's Word is true.
Faith is passionate. Faith is not meant for setting on the sidelines--it is meant to be lived in the midst. Faith is active. Faith is not for the faint-of-heart. There is a price with faith. Faith means giving up my priorities for His.
Faith means waking up each morning and asking God (even before rising out of bed)--what do you have in store for us today? How can I serve You? How can I make a difference for You? Use me today!
Prayer
Father God, today fill me with faith. Help me to step-out and be used by You. Give me Your eyes and Your heart so I can live out my faith for You. Use me today! In Jesus name, Amen

No comments: