Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Life Journal July 16, 2007
Today's readings: Isaiah 25-28; Hebrews 13

Only With Jesus' Help
Topic: Sacrificial Living
Scripture
"With Jesus' help, let us continually offer our sacrifice of praise to God by proclaiming the glory of his name. Don't forget to do good and to share what you have with those in need, for such sacrifices are very pleasing to God."
Hebrews 13.15-16 (NLT)
Observation
That without Jesus we have no sacrifice to offer--it is only because of His sacrifice, ours are acceptable.
Application
I often forget that the only reason that I can come before God is because of what Christ did for me. Otherwise, I would not be able to offer any sacrifice. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for me--it's amazing. And, it is because of His sacrifice that I am able to do any good and share with others. It is not a matter of "works" but rather, living a sacrificial life and pouring it all out for God. My "good deeds" and "sharing" are an outpouring or response to what He has done for me and His love that lives within me. When I sacrifice my life--giving myself totally to Him--He is then able to use me. His love is able to pour through me and touch others.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise You for who You are. I worship You because You created me to worship You and because of what You have done for me. Lord, may Your name be glorified in all the earth. You alone are worthy of my praises. You alone created the world and the heavens and all that is in it. You created me. You loved me before I was born. You gave Your Son, Jesus, for me--a sinner--so I could live with You forever. May my life be a reflection of You. May You shine brightly through me. May my sacrifices be acceptable to You, O Lord. Thank You for loving me. It is in Jesus' name, my Savior, Redeemer, and Friend, that I pray this. Amen.

No comments: