Thursday, February 3, 2011

Life Journal, February 3, 2011

Life Journal, February 3, 2011
Today's Readings: Exodus 35, 36; Acts 10

NO FAVORITISM

Scripture
But God has shown me that I should no longer think of anyone as impure or unclean. . . .

Then Peter replied, "I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism. In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right."
Acts 10. 28b, 34-35

Observation
The ground is level at the foot of the cross.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
A much need reminder that it not my "job" to decide who deserves to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ. The message is open for everyone/anyone who receives it.

Prayer
Lord, forgive me for all the times that I judge someone's worthiness to receive the gift of grace. You came and lived and died and was resurrected--not just for me, but for everyone. Father God, help me to be a welcoming servant. Help me to share Your Good News with everyone, trusting that You will decide who will hear it and who won't. Thank You for Your love for me!

No comments: