Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Life Journal, February 2, 2011

Life Journal, February 2, 2011
Today's Readings: Exodus 32-34; Psalm 16; Acts 9

CHANGED

Scripture
Meanwhile, Saul was uttering threats with every breath and was eager to kill the Lord's followers. . . .

As he was approaching Damascus on this mission, a light from heaven suddenly shone down around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul! Saul! Why are you persecuting me?"

"Who are you, lord?" Saul asked.

And the voice replied, "I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting! No get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." . . .

But the Lord said, "Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel." . . . .

Saul stayed with the believers in Damascus for a few days. And immediately he began preaching about Jesus in the synagogues, saying, "He is indeed the Son of God!"
Acts 9. 1, 3-6, 15, 19b-20

Observation
No one is beyond the grace found in Christ Jesus.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
The story of Saul/Paul is a great reminder that no one is beyond the reach of God. Anyone's heart can be changed. It is not my place to decide whether someone is beyond salvation or not--that is God's work. I am only called to share the Good News of Jesus with everyone and then put it in God's hands!

All the women and men that come into the center that are LDS are not out of the reach of the saving grace of Jesus. Each of them can have their hearts changed in an instant. God has given me the opportunity to be used to share His amazing love with each one!

Prayer
Thank You Lord for the opportunity that You give me every day to be Your Light in a very dark world. Lord God, I would pray that the scales would drop from their eyes so that they may see Your truth. Open their eyes and hearts to Your gift of love and salvation. Use me Lord to bring Your Good News and speak truth into their lives! Thank You Jesus!!

No comments: