Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Life Journal, February 3, 2009
Today's readings: Exodus 35-36; Acts 10


God Shows No Favoritism
Scripture
Then Peter replied, "I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism. In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right. This is the message of Good News for the people of Israel--that there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all."
Acts 10.34-36
Observation
God accepts ANYONE who confesses Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.
Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
We look for people just like us when we share the Good News . . . and to come to our church. People who we will be comfortable around. We want them to "fit" the mold that we believe is right. But today's Scripture reminds us that God wants everyone and anyone--rich or poor, red or yellow or black or white or brown or purple, language doesn't matter, -- nothing matters except the change that takes place in their hearts. When will we get it--so we can reach out with God's love and gift of grace to ALL?
Prayer
Father God, thank You that You love even me. I am no different than anyone else who seeks You, and claims You as my Savior and Lord. I am no better--I am a sinner saved by grace--just like anyone else who comes to You. May I never hesitate to share the Good News with someone just because they are "different" from me. May I never see someone as "not deserving" of Your gift of grace. May I share Your love and Your Good News and Your gift of grace . . . extravagantly--just like You!

No comments: