Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Life Journal, February 11, 2009
Today's reading: Acts 18 (didn't do the Leviticus reading today)

A Worshiper of God

Scripture
Then Paul left the synagogue and went next door to the house of Titius Justus, a worshiper of God.
Acts. 18.7

Observation
Titius Justus was known for worshiping God.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Wow--wouldn't it be great to be known as "a worshiper of God." I mean when people said your name they would just automatically say, Melinda, a worshiper of God . . . . What a great thing to be known for and to have it be so much a part of who you are that people would immediately think that.

May I be known as a worshiper of God. How different life would be if that was our focus--not all the other stuff that we deal with.

Prayer
Father God, I want to be known as a "worshiper of God" more than anything else--well also a "lover of God"--but they go hand in hand. Help me to stay focused on what is important, not the unimportant. Thank you, God. To You may all glory and honor be given. Forgive me when I doubt or my faith stutters or I give up. I want to stand strong, Lord God, but I can't without You.


No comments: