Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life Journal, February 12, 2009
Today's readings: Leviticus 18, 18; Psalm 13; Acts 19

Trust

Scripture
O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?
Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.
Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!"
Don't let them rejoice at my downfall.
But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord
because He is good to me.
Psalm 13

Observation
No matter how things may appear--or how I feel--God's unfailing love for me never does.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Important truth--no matter how I may feel or what may be happening--I can trust in God's unfailing love for me. AND, I need to live in that truth . . . walk in it . . . claim it.

We focus too much on circumstances and "why me?" Instead the focus needs to be on God's unfailing love and how He has rescued me from death and His goodness to me. Those are the truths that I can count on.

Today I will walk in those truths.

Prayer
Father God, thank You for Your truth. Thank You for Your unfailing love--even though I do not deserve it--you pour it out on me extravagantly through the sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus. Thank You for the life You give me through that sacrifice. Forgive me for taking my focus off You and putting it on myself. You are all that matters. You are love and truth. Thank You.

No comments: