Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life Journal, August 5, 2008
Today's readings: 2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7

Is Jesus the Messiah?

Scripture
When the crowds heard him say this, some of them declared, "Surely this man is the Prophet we've been expecting." Others said, "He is the Messiah." Still others said, "But he can't be! Will the Messiah come from Galilee? For the Scriptures clearly state that the Messiah will be born of the royal line of David, in Bethlehem, the village where King David was born." So the crowd was divided about him. Some even wanted him arrested, but no one laid a hand on him.
John 7.40-44

Observation
When Jesus was in their midst, people still could not agree on who He was.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
The argument continues about who Jesus was/is. It always will. What is important is for me to decide who He is in my life and then live like I believe it.

I know who I believe He is--but do I live like it? What areas of my life need to change if I truly believe it? Or is my life a contradiction to what I believe about Jesus?

Prayer
Lord God, I believe that Jesus is the Messiah, sent to pay the penalty for my sins. I have accepted Your free gift of grace--now may I live in such a way that my life is a reflection of Jesus and what I believe!!

No comments: