Thursday, August 28, 2008

Life Journal August 28, 2008
Today's readings: Ezekiel 1-3; Revelation 2

Listen

Scripture
Then he [God] added, "Son of man, let all my words sink deep into your own heart first. Listen to them carefully for yourself...."
Ezekiel 3.10

Observation
When God gives us a word for others--we need to listen to it first and apply it to our own lives before we pass it along.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
It is so easy to read God's Word and think of who needs to hear this. . . it's much easier than asking "what is God saying to me in this?" The Scripture today reminds us that we need to apply God's Word to our own lives first--even when we "have a Word for someone else." We need to stop and make it a part of our life.

That's why I have found the Life Journal so helpful in my walk--it makes me ask myself "How will I be different today because of what I have just read?" It makes me apply God's Word to my life--not just to the lives of others. It makes me look at the areas I need to change--before I worry about what others need to change in their lives.

I cannot change others--I can only work to change myself . . . and only with the help of God's Holy Spirit at work in my life.

Prayer
Thank You Father for loving me too much to allow me to remain the same. Thank You that Your Word is for me--even when I don't want to hear it and apply it. Thank You for Your patience with me. Lord, may I hear Your voice today and apply Your Word to my life--relying on You and Your Holy Spirit to accomplish it in me.

No comments: