Thursday, August 21, 2008

Life Journal, August 21, 2008
Today's readings: Jeremiah 21, 24, 27; Psalm 118; 1 John 2

His Faithful Love Endures Forever

Scripture

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.

In my distress I prayed to the Lord,
and the Lord answered me and set me free.
The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?
Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me.
I will look in triumph at those who hate me.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord,
than to trust in people.

The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has given me victory.
Psalm 118.1, 5-8, 14

Observation
No matter what, I can hang on to the truth "His faithful love endures forever" and in that find FREEDOM!

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
This is such an important truth to remember--it is what gets me through the good times and sustains me during the hard times. It does not matter what comes at me--none of it matters. God's love is faithful . . . and is forever! And in Him is where I find my freedom--true freedom.

So, it is a matter of focusing on Him--not on circumstances or anything else--intentionally focusing on Him.

Today I will not live in fear--instead I will live in the freedom that I find in my relationship with the living God--the God whose faithful love for me endures forever.

Prayer
Father God, I thank You for this truth. May I walk in Your freedom and Your love today.

No comments: