Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Life Journal February 26, 2008
Today's readings: Numbers 19-20; Psalm 28; Mark 5



Healing

Scripture
When Jesus was still some distance away, the man [possessed by an evil spirit (vs.2-5)] saw him. He ran to meet Jesus and fell down before Him. . . .

A leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, came and fell down before him [Jesus], pleading with him to heal his little daughter. "She is about to die," he said in desperation. "Please come and place your hand on her; heal her so she can live." . . . .

And there was a woman in the crowd who had had a hemorrhage for twelve years. . . . She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him, through the crowd and touched the fringe of his robe. For she thought to herself, "If I can just touch his clothing, I will be healed." Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel that she had been healed!
Mark 5. 6, 22-23, 25-29

Observation
Jesus heals.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
Three completely different settings, people, and illnesses. The first, a man who is possessed. We aren't told that he asks to be healed--but we know that he did run to meet Jesus and fell down before him. We also know that the spirits that possessed him begged Jesus not to just cast them out. . . . so Jesus cast them into 2,000 pigs. And the man was restored.

Then parents come to Jesus--falling down before him--pleading with him to come and heal their daughter. "Please come and place your hands on her: heal her so she can live." Jesus goes and those at the house tell him he is too late--she is already dead. He goes in and heals her.

On his way to the house to heal the little girl, a woman comes and touches the hem of his garment and is healed. "Daughter, your faith has made you well." (vs.34)

Three very different healings--a man, a woman, and a little girl. . . . possession by evil spirits, hemorrhage, and death . . . all three restored.

What step(s) do I need to take to be "healed"? Have I fallen before the Lord and pleaded? Have I stepped out in faith to "touch" the hem of his garment? Has someone asked on my behalf?

All of us need healing of one form or another--some physical, some spiritual, some emotionally. But, we all need the touch of Jesus. Do we truly have the faith to step out and take action to be healed?

Today, I need to go before Him and ask for His healing touch. Today, I need to reach out and touch the hem of his garment. Today, I need to ask others to go to Jesus on my behalf. Today, I need to have the faith to believe that with God, all things are possible.

Prayer
Father God, I come before You today asking for Your healing touch. Today, Lord God, I reach out and take action to change. And today, I ask that You send others into my life who will come to You on my behalf and plead with You. Thank You Father for Your healing.

No comments: