Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Life Journal February 12, 2008
Today's readings: Leviticus 18, 19; Psalm 13; Acts 19

Not Alone

Scripture
O Lord, how long will you forget me?
Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

Turn and answer me, O Lor my God!
Restore the light to my eyes, or I will die.
Don't let my enemies gloat, saying,
"We have defeated him!"
Don't let them rejoice at my downfall.

But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord,
because he has been so good to me.
Psalm 13

Observation
No matter how things look we must hold on to the truths that we know--God's unfailing love and his promise to never leave us.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
I love this great reminder that no matter how bad things get or look, we need to remember what God has done in the past and remember his love and his promises. How he "rescues" me may not look the way I would like for it to--but I have to trust in God's sovereignty and love.

Remembering God's faithfulness in the past is so important as we walk through trials in the present. . . . reminding us that he is always there, watching, loving, caring, protecting.

Prayer
Father God, sometimes in the midst of difficult things it is easy to question--where are You--why would You let us go through this--don't You care?? When in truth, You have never left us. You remain with us loving us. Help me to remember Your faithfulness in the past. Help me to recall Your unfailing love. Help me to keep my eyes focused on You--no matter what the circumstances. Thank You for loving me so much that I can trust, whether I feel Your presence or not, that You are always with me--You will never leave me. Thank You Father for Your truths.

No comments: