Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Life Journal 20 June 2007
Today's reading: 2 Kings 4, 5; Psalm 83; 1 Timothy 2

Salvation Is Meant For All
Topic: Salvation
". . . for he wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message that God gave to the world at the proper time."
1 Timothy 2.4-6 (New Living Translation)
Observation
God made a way for each of us to be reconciled [to restore harmony between persons, especially between God and human beings] with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ. God loves each of us so much that He wishes that none should perish.
Application
I sometimes forget/even take for granted--so busy with life and serving God--the price that He paid for me so I could be in relationship with Him. . . and all because He loves me. Do I live my life in such a way that reflects that amazing love?? What can I do differently--how can I live differently and treat others in a way that they are drawn to Christ? My life needs to constantly point to Him.
Prayer
Father, thank You for loving me so much that You sent Your Son, Jesus, to pay the price for my sin so I can be reconciled to You. I am overwhelmed by Your love for me. May my life be a reflection of that love. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: