Thursday, June 14, 2007

Life Journal 14 June 2007
Today's readings: 1 Kings 15; 2 Chronicles 13, 14; Philippians 4

The Strength That I Need
Topic: Depending on God
For I can do everything with the help of Christ
who gives me the strength I need.
Philippians 4.13
Observation
God will supply all that I need through Christ to do whatever He asks me to do.
Application
I often find myself depending on my own strength to accomplish everything and anything. Often it is not until I get tired to struggling that I finally ask God to help. I tend to feel that I have to prove myself--and my capability on my own. How foolish. I make things so much harder for myself. It is hard to let go and allow God to take over--trusting Him to give me what I need to accomplish everything He asks. It is amazing how much more I can do . . . and how much better I do it when I depend on Christ to give me all the strength I need. I have nothing to prove--Jesus already did that for me. He is sufficient.
Prayer
Father, thank You for Your promise. I thank You that I can do everything--all things--with Christ's help because my strength is found in Him. Help me to remember it!! Thank You that You don't give up on me! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: