Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 21, 2010
Today's readings: Joshua 22.23-23.16; Luke 20.27-47; Psalm 89.14-37; Proverbs 13.17-19

I Will Not Forget

Scripture
The years passed, and the Lord had given the people of Israel rest from all their enemies. Joshua, who was now very old, called together all the elders, leaders, judges, and officers of Israel.He said to them, "I am now a very old man. You have seen everything the Lord your God has done for you during my lifetime. The Lord your God has fought for you against your enemies."
Joshua 23.1-3 (emphasis mine)

Observation
The Lord God was faithful to do what He said He would do for the people of Israel.

Application (How will I be different today because of what I have just read?)
It is easy to get caught in today, with it's problems, disappointments, and struggles. I forget to look at the bigger picture and remember all that He has done for me already. Instead I stay focused on today.

God has been faithful and his love everlasting--He has promised this. Just because it might not look like I want it to, doesn't mean that God has turned His back. I cannot allow the enemy to reign in my mind with his lies. I hold on to the truths that I know.

So, today, I will remember God's faithfulness. Today I will remember His love for me. Today I will join with the Psalmist in singing:

Happy are those who hear the
joyful call to worship,
for they will walk in the
light of your presence, Lord.
Psalm 89.15

Prayer
Father, how easily I get off-track when I focus on the situation around me rather than focus on You. Forgive me for the whining. Forgive me for doubting. Lord, as Joshua challenged the leaders of Israel--may I be challenged to--"Cling tightly to the Lord your God as you have done until now" and to "be very careful to love the Lord my God." You alone are my strength and my salvation, Lord. Today, Lord, help me to remember who I am in You--Your beloved child. Thank You for loving me.

No comments: